You can connect your smartphone to a PC/Laptop and copy the DCIM folder; this folder contains all your photos and videos files taken from the stock camera app. Once you have it installed, launch the app and tap on “Backup”. The best part about this app is that it allows you to backup your text messages to either your Google Drive, Dropbox account, or to your local storage. Backing up to the cloud will allow you to access and restore wirelessly, even on other devices.
- If you are facing some software related issues, then you can flash the stock ROM to fix that.
- Transfer the firmware file to your computer’s platform-tools folder.
- To operate computers, it needs some required system software called Operating System.
- This way, you’ll be able to install a custom ROM without the risk of damaging your device.
- With the help of this guide, you unbrick your Samsung Phone, or Fix the boot loop and even downgrade the phone by flashing the Samsung firmware for your phone.
It is a reasonable community effort to bring Google’s proprietary features without invading your privacy to the masses. You may be wondering why some of the interesting Android-based ROMs (CalyxOS etc.) are only restricted to supporting Google’s Phones. They also offer new and refurbished phones (including Fairphone, Pixel refurbished, and more) that come loaded with iodé OS.
- Have a look at the pros and cons of custom ROMs mentioned below.
- So, if you want to purchase Android devices for your employees with security tuned in, this can be worth considering.
- If you’re going to hard reset your phone and cannot access the recovery menu.
Despite the obstacles, flashing a factory image is the best option if you ever need to completely reset your device. It can also serve as the nuclear option if you’ve bricked your device and no other methods to fix it are working. If restoring a Nandroid backup isn’t stock firmware a viable option, then your next best bet is to flash a stock ROM. That said, using a Nandroid backup to return to stock is only a short-term option. The backup will restore your old apps and data, meaning that apps you’ve uninstalled will reappear, and text messages you’ve since received will disappear. If your Nandroid backup is more than a day or two old, you might want to keep it for emergencies only.
LineageOS is a more vanilla, and privacy-focused ROM, based on AOSP (the Android Open-Source Project). The official versions don’t come with Google apps, but still use some Google services, such as the DNS server, or the WebView package. Thankfully Xiaomi Mi Note 10 has received Lineage OS 18.1 based on Android 11. Lineage OS 18.1 is an upgraded version of Lineage OS 18 with some performance and security enhancements. Following the guide, you can easily download/install Lineage OS 18.1 For Xiaomi Mi Note 10 (Android 11). You have successfully flashed Stock ROM on your Redmi Note 10 Pro Max android phone. Our final pick for this privacy focused custom ROMs list is /e/OS.